Managing a column family
To manage a column family:
- Select Schema in the OpsCenter console.
- From the list of keyspaces, select a keyspace. The #CFs columns shows how many column families each keyspace contains.
From the list of the column families, select a column family.
Click one of the following buttons:
- Add—See above.
- Delete—Completely removes the column family from the keyspace. You may select more than one column family in a keyspace to delete.
- View Metrics—Presents metrics for a column family. In the Metric Options dialog, select a column family (CF) metric to view. To aggregate measurements across the entire cluster, all nodes in the data center, or in a particular node, select Cluster Wide, All Nodes, or the IP address of a node. At this point, you can add a graph of the measurements to the Performance Metrics area, or choose a different column family to measure.
- Truncate—Deletes all data from the column family but does not delete the column family itself. Removal of the data is irreversible.
- When you select a column family, you see a list of manageable attributes: Properties (fully editable), Metadata (Add or Delete), and Secondary Indexes (Add or Delete).