Enabling email alerts
OpsCenter can post alerts to selected email addresses.
To enable email alerts, you must edit the <config_location>/event-plugins/email.conf file and provide valid SMTP server host and port information. This file is located in the following directories:
- Make sure that you have valid SMTP mail accounts to send and receive alerts.
- On the OpsCenter daemon host, open the email.conf file for editing.
- Set enabled to 1.
- Provide valid values for your SMTP host, port, user, and password.
- Enable Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) or Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol on your system if you want secure communications. Typically, SSL is required.
- Provide valid values for the to_addr and from_addr email addresses. The to_addr value is the account that will receive alerts.
- Optionally, set the level of alerts to send and the desired subject line.
- Save <config_location>/event-plugins/email.conf and restart the OpsCenter daemon. To send alerts to multpile email addresses, create a different email conf file with settings for each email address. All conf files are loaded so you can name them email1.conf, email2.conf, and so on.
[email ] enabled =1 # levels can be comma delimited list of any of the following: # DEBUG,INFO,WARN,ERROR,CRITICAL,ALERT # If left empty, will listen for all levels levels = CRITICAL,ALERT smtp_host = smtp.gmail.com smtp_port = 465 smtp_user = firstname.lastname@example.org smtp_pass = ********* smtp_use_ssl = 1 smtp_use_tls = 0 to_addr = email@example.com from_addr = firstname.lastname@example.org subject = OpsCenter Event