Changing performance data expiration times
Performance data stored in OpsCenter expires after configurable time periods.
The default values are designed to provide efficient compaction and eventual deletion of the data, with faster expiration times for the more granular, larger-volume data rollups.
- One-minute rollups (1min_ttl) expire after after one week, or 604800 seconds.
- Five-minute rollups (5min_ttl) expire after four weeks, or 2419200 seconds.
- Two-hour rollups (2hr_ttl) expire after one year, or 31536000 seconds.
To change expiration time period:
In this example, the one-minute and five-minute rollups are set to expire twice as fast as the defaults, and two-hour rollups are set to be kept indefinitely (expiration is disabled).
- Edit the conf/clusters/<cluster>.conf file.
Add the following time-to-live (ttl) values in seconds under a
[cassandra_metrics] 1min_ttl = 302400 5min_ttl = 1209600 2hr_ttl = -1
- Restart OpsCenter. Data collected after restarting OpsCenter expires according to the new setting. The data collected before restarting OpsCenter expires according to the setting in effect when it was collected.