Remove all data from a table.
TRUNCATE keyspace_name. table_name
- Uppercase means literal
- Lowercase means not literal
- Italics mean optional
- The pipe (|) symbol means OR or AND/OR
- Ellipsis (...) means repeatable
- « means a non-literal, open parenthesis used to indicate scope
- » means a non-literal, close parenthesis used to indicate scope
A semicolon that terminates CQL statements is not included in the synopsis.
A TRUNCATE statement results in the immediate, irreversible removal of all data in the named table.
Truncating a table triggers an automatic snapshot, which backs up the data only, not the schema.