Other CQL 3 enhancements
Cassandra 1.2 introduced many enhancements in addition to the key CQL features.
- New statement for altering the replication strategy: ALTER KEYSPACE.
- Querying ordered data using additional operators such as >=
- Compound keys and clustering.
- Composite partition keys.
- Safeguard against running risky queries.
- Retrieve more information about cluster topology.
- Increased query efficiency by using the clustering order.
- Easy access to column timestamps.
- Improved index updates.
- A table can now consist of only a primary key definition.
- New inet data type.
- New syntax for setting the replication strategy using a map collection.
- Capability to query legacy tables.
- Capability to rename a CQL 3 column.
- Consistent case-sensitivity rules for keyspace, table, and column names.
- Configurable tombstone eviction by setting a CQL table compaction subprop/documentation/cql/3.0/cql/cql_reference/compactSubprop.htmlerty.